Welcome to our church website!
We are an independent fundamental Baptist church. We have tried to make this site as simple and friendly as possible.
Please take some time and look around on our website.
From the Pastor….
If you are looking for the perfect church….you’ll just have to keep on looking. All of us here are sinners, who are merely saved by His grace. No halos. No wings. The Lord is continually helping us to grow and learn more about His Word, and to walk with Him each day, and deal with the daily traffic of the real world. Our ministry is dedicated to the salvation of the lost, the preservation of God’s Word, and the encouragment of God’s children to live lives that are pleasing to Him. Thank you for visiting our website today. Please do come and visit us here at Community Baptist in Slidell. We would be pleased to meet you and yours.
Pastor Mike Harrigan
WHY I USE THE KING JAMES BIBLE
- It has withstood the test of time.
- It has been used by great men of God since the “Great Awakening” in 1730’s. (Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, and John Wesley)
- The great men of God that I have heard in my lifetime all used the King James Version.
- I personally experience power in my Bible reading and preaching from the King James Version.
- I have never found a reason to improve on the King James Version.
- It has provided what I needed for the 35 years that I have been in fulltime ministry. I choose to remain loyal to that which will help me finish my course.
- I have noticed that churches that use other versions eventually go contemporary in everything else.
- I find other versions result in confusion of the simple truth of God’s Word. How does a young child or a new believer handle “see marginal note”?
1 Cor. 14:33 (KJV)
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.